Oct 17, 2010

Ghosts in the House!

Ghosts in the House!, a picture book by Kazuno Kohara, is the perfect witchy ghosty story. Printed in only orange-red, white & black, the block print style illustrations are sweetly entrancing. A little girl moves into a house inhabited by ghosts. It's ok, because this little girl "wasn't just a girl. She was a witch!" She puts on her tall witch hat, her cat suits up in his black cat outfit, and they catch the ghosts. The ghosts are all put to excellent use & seem pretty happy about it! The transparent look & feel of the ghosts adds magic to the pics.

Highly recommended for little ones birth to age 7, and picture book aficionados like me.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute book! I just found your blog this evening.

    I would like to present you with these awards if you are so inclined to play along. http://wisewomanpath.blogspot.com/2010/10/awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the book suggestion, Wizardess! I don't have any kids yet, but I've been making a list of wiccan/pagan books to have on hand if ever I do. :)

    ReplyDelete