Apr 20, 2010

Bloody April: Snail Water Menstrual Blood Spell

Do you like to munch on snails? Want to enchant your beloved forever? Judika Illes has a Snail Water version of the basic notorious menstrual potion:

1. Mix menstrual blood with the water with which you have boiled snails. (Escargot are perceived as a potent aphrodisiac; presumably you're serving them as well.)
2. Serve to your beloved as a true love potion.

Hmmm...my boyfriend, the Sweet Potato, loves snails but we've never eaten them together. When I bused dishes in high school, I had to handle too many of those little greasy stinky dishes with the hollows for your dozen snails & it put me off them.
Crabs, lobster & shrimp, now....yummmmm....I think this spell is due for an adaptation!

1 comment:

  1. I love this book! I added it to my collection a few weeks ago. You might also like The Green Wiccan Herbal by Silja.

    ReplyDelete